Saturday 4 August 2012

Motivation.

Today's topic of conversation is motivation!

What is it that motivates you to get out of bed in the morning and start your day of healthy living.

How many times have you decided to 'diet' or start a regular work out routine and it hasn't worked out?

I tell ya, you aren't alone there!

I couldn't tell you how many times my diet was starting tomorrow or I put my gym shoes on only to take them off again 10 minutes later.

So what's my motivation this time?

         Research!


I can't begin to tell you just how much research I've done recently on the benefits of fitness and a healthy lifestyle.

But just knowing what I'm doing to my body every time I drink a fizzy drink or plop an extra dollop of full fat mayonnaise on my plate has given me all the motivation I need to start eating well.

Junk Food

What we would class as junk food - burgers, chips, sweets, biscuits and so much more, are full of saturated fats.

In a nut shell eating a lot of Saturated Fats increases the cholesterol in your blood.
Raised levels of cholesterol can increase your chance of various health issues such as a stroke and a heart attack. However if you aren't blessed with a metabolism as fast as Usain Bolt and gain weight easily then not only do they cause problems to your vital organs but they can give your joints a hard time.
Carrying extra weight means your body has to work extra hard leading to problems such as arthritis and osteoporosis.


And that's just the tip of the ice berg! So next time you find yourself at McDonald's drive through bear this in mind and maybe you'll order a salad instead of that quarter pounder?


Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest!








1 comment:

  1. This is most deffinately me. I'm the worst for saying 'it start's tommorow, everyday is always tommorow haha! I don't have motivation OR the taste buds for it, i just crave crap 24/7 and i don't like salad apart from lettuce so i will be following to see if you come up with anything to help me :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete